Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (option #1)




Captain America: The Winter Soldier







Over Easter weekend I was fortunate enough to finally go see a movie in a movie theater. It has literally been months since the last time I was privileged with enough time to take a couple hours out of my day to actually go to a theater and watch a movie. I decided to go see the new Captain America movie which came out pretty recently. One of the reasons I have not gone to see a movie recently is probably because we have had a sort of movie lull without any good ones coming out. I was actually bored on Saturday and got on my Flixster app to see what was out. Captain America: The Winter Soldier received an 89% on Rotten Tomatoes and 94% of users liked it. That being said, it was my number one choice, and it was a good one. It was one of the best movies that I had seen in a quite a while and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

There were many spaces or places in the movie which made arguments but the one place I found in particular that made an argument was the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters in Washington DC, which is in fact where Captain America is hovering over in the movie poster shown above. It seemed like the entire movie or at least all of the important parts took place here or surrounding this building. Everything from important meetings with world leaders, to construction of military vehicles, to a small scale war took place at this building. The building is a high rise with multiple levels of defense kind of like the Pentagon. Every time you came to the building you knew something important was happening and you should pay attention.
The building announced the time period setting the period to now to slightly in the future. There were computers on the walls which seemed alive and could have a conversation with whoever was using it. At the top floor in the conference room many world leaders sat around a digital conference room using new technology. It was almost as if they were in the very room using digital projections. In the basement they were building advanced hovering aircraft carriers that are definitely futuristic. All of the fighter jets looked as if they came from the popular videogame series, Halo. All of these things in the building made you think to yourself, “Could all of this be somewhat realistic?” Things in the building made since and it is very probable that one day it could all be a reality.  

This building makes arguments to the audience throughout the film. At the beginning of this film the building is introduced as important government buildings are always introduced in films. A far view from the building with white letters that type out the words. This argues that the building is important and credible which makes an ethos argument. As soon as you get inside you see all of the high tech equipment and the structure of this building which makes it credible and makes it logical that it is an important building that will play a key role in the film. In this building you also get introduced to Robert Redford’s character which will make a pathos argument on some people if they like him as an actor. Robert Redford is one of my favorite actors and it turned out to be a disappointment to me when he turned out to be an antagonist.


Overall this was an awesome film and I would definitely see it again. The S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters building definitely makes several arguments throughout the film and it does a good job at doing so. I think if you asked anyone who saw this movie, “What was the most important place?” They would say the exact same thing. I recommend this film to anyone who is an action fan or just wants to see a really good movie. I saw the movie in 3D and I thought that they did a great job making it. If you go see this movie you will defineiltly get your money’s worth and will not regret it. With that being said I will rank this movie with five out of five Slurpee’s for excellence. 




No comments:

Post a Comment